Student Research Development Award
Purpose: To provide funds to support mentored research that fosters the development of research skills and intellectual of IASR student members beginning a career focused on sexuality research. For a list of previous winners, please click here.
- Recipients may be students from any discipline who are engaging in sex research. Students must be matriculated in a graduate program. Persons with completed terminal degrees (for example, those in post-doctoral programs) are not eligible unless working toward a second degree (e.g., another Masters, PhD, MD, or JD). In those few cases, verification is required and he/she would contact the Secretary-Treasurer before submitting any material.
- IASR student membership is required prior to application. Dues must be paid for the current and any relevant previous years.
- Collaboration and support of at least one qualified research mentor is required. Mentor membership in IASR is not required.
- Although attendance at the annual conference is advisable, it is not a pre-requisite of being awarded the SRDA. That is, applicants do not need to attend the annual IASR meeting to be considered for the award. Awardees will be announced during an award ceremony.
- Previous winners are ineligible.
Requirements: Please adhere to the requirements below. Make sure to assemble your application in the following order and create it as a single PDF file.
- Applicant's curriculum vita (please include contact info with best email address)
- Up to three single-spaced pages describing the research aims, methods and potential contribution of the research experience to the applicant's career development. How will this award help the student achieve his/her research goals?
- Up to one single-space page summarizing the applicant's anticipated research trajectory for the subsequent 3-5 years.
- A one-page letter of support from the identified mentor(s) that includes an evaluation of the research potential of the applicant as well as a description of a mentoring plan.
Award Amounts: $1,000 USD.
- Funds can be made available in the currency of the recipients' choice (Canadian dollars, Euros, or USD; the amount will be equivalent to $1,000 USD).
- Two applications will be selected for the award.
Expectations Following the Award: After accepting and using the IASR SRDA funds, awardees are expected to provide:
- A project summary sent to the IASR officers at project completion
- Acknowledgement of IASR support for any project-related scientific presentations or publications.
Application Submission (for New Applicants):
Submission of Project Summary (for Past Recipients):