Past IASR Award Winners
Best Student Manuscript Awards
- 2016: Matt Bramble (supervised by Eric Vilain), University of California at Los Angeles, Sex-specific effects of testosterone on the sexually dimorphic transcriptome of embryonic neural stem/progenitor cells
- 2015: Jackie Huberman (supervised by Meredith Chivers), Queen's University, Different Devices, Same Story? Using Thermography and Plethysmography to Examine Gender-specificity of Sexual Response in Women and Men
- 2014: Daphne van de Bongardt (supervised by Ellen Reitz, Theo Sandfort, and Maja Deković), Utrecht University, Peer Norms and Adolescent Sexual (Risk) Behavior: A Meta-Analysis
- 2013: Jennifer Bossio (supervised by Meredith Chivers)
- 2012: Lelia Samson (supervised by Erick Janssen)
- 2011: Sabina Sarin (supervised by Irv Binik)
- 2010: Krystelle Shaughnessy (supervised by Sandi Byers)
- 2009: Doug VanderLaan (supervised by Paul Vasey)
- 2008: Amy Lykins (supervised by Marta Meana)
- 2007: Tuuli Kukkonen (supervised by Irv Binik)
Best Brief Communication Awards
- 2016: Laura Widman, North Carolina State University, "ProjectHeartForGirls.com: Acceptability and preliminary efficacy of an online HIV/STD prevention program for adolescent girls emphasizing sexual communication skills"
- 2015: Tierney Lorenz, Indiana University, "Sexual activity moderates shifts in Th1/Th2 cytokine profile across the ovarian cycle"
- 2014: Katy Goldey, University of Michigan, "Defining Pleasure: A Focus Group Study of Dyadic Sexual Pleasure in Queer and Heterosexual Women"
Best Junior Poster Awards
- 2016: Amelia Stanton, University of Texas at Austin, "Autogenic training increases subjective and physiological sexual arousal in sexually functional women"
- 2015: Morag Yule, University of British Columbia, "Masturbation and sexual fantasy among asexual individuals: An in depth exploration"
- 2014: Sara Jahnke, TU Dresden, "Challenging the Stigma Towards People with Pedophilia Among Psychotherapists in Training"
Best Senior Poster Awards
- 2016: Kateřina Klapilová, Charles University and National Institute of Mental Health, "Kamasutra in practice: The use of sexual positions by Czech and Slovak citizens and the association with female orgasms"
- 2015: Laura Baams, Utrecht University, "Puberty, popularity, and intimate relationships among early adolescents: Longitudinal findings in the Netherlands"
- 2014: Mayte Parada, McGill University, "A Pain in the Clitoris: A Systematic Description of Clitorodynia"
Student Research Development Awards (SRDA)
- Samantha Dawson (mentored by Meredith Chivers), Queen's University
- Kathryn Rancourt, Dalhousie University
- David Lick, New York University
- Kevin Hsu, Northwestern University
- Amelia Stanton (mentored by Cindy Meston), University of Texas at Austin
- Scott Semenyna (mentored by Paul Vasey), University of Lethbridge
- Mirte Brom (mentored by Stephanie Both), Leiden University Medical Centre
- Lanna Petterson (mentored by Paul Vasey), University of Lethbridge
Richard Green Founding President Annual Presentation Award
- 2017: C. Sue Carter, The Kinsey Institute, "The developmental effects of oxytocin: A love story"
- 2016: Afsaneh Najmabadi, Harvard University, "Verdicts of science and rulings of faith: What can we learn from transsexuality in Iran?"
Richard Green Lifetime Achievement Award
2016: Richard Green, IASR Founding President and Founding Editor of Archives of Sexual Behavior