IASR Student Awards
Student members of IASR are eligible to apply for the annual Student Research Development Awards, which provide funding to support research and training, as well as three awards based on published manuscripts or presentations at the Annual Meeting.
The purpose of the SRDA is to provide funds to support mentored research that fosters the development of research skills and intellectual development of IASR student members beginning a career focused on sexuality research. Two awards are made annually in the amount of $1,000 USD.
The student deadline is May 1, 2018. Mentor recommendations must be received by May 4, 2018. For more information on eligibility and the application process, please click here. For a list of past recipients, click here.
IASR Student Awards for Completed Research
IASR student members are eligible for three awards recognizing outstanding research contributions in the field of sexuality.
- To be eligible for consideration, the student must be a student member of IASR in good standing and first author of the manuscript, which should be substantially their work.
- Articles currently under review, in revision, accepted for publication, or published in the past calendar year will be considered. If the manuscript is not already submitted or accepted elsewhere, the student will be encouraged to submit the manuscript to the Archives of Sexual Behavior, where it will undergo the usual peer-review process.
- Past winners are ineligible. We will accept one submission per student per year.
How to submit:
- Please de-identify the manuscript and email it as a .doc or .docx to email@example.com. If your manuscript is already published, submit the .doc or .docx version that was accepted for publication (but remove any identifying info, such as your university, authors' names, etc.).
- Ensure that your supervisor or mentor sends a brief letter/email of support to firstname.lastname@example.org as well.
- The deadline for nominations is February 15, 2018.
For a list of past winners and links to winning manuscripts, please click here.
Brief communication presentations are judged by a panel at each year's conference. Both student and senior members are eligible for this award. The award is valued at $500 USD. The winner is announced at the closing banquet. For a list of past winners, click here.
Students may opt to have their posters judged for the Best Junior Poster Award when submitting their abstracts for review for the annual conference. The award is valued at $500 USD. The winner is announced at the closing banquet. For a list of past winners, click here.